Monday, July 17, 2017

Today's Wisdom

Today Jacob is having his wisdom teeth taken out.Not a fun thing to have done but after a week of working in Kentucky with our mission team he'll get some much needed rest. He's been a little nervous and asked if he got to keep his teeth so I reminded him to ask the nurse. She told him as long as they could get it out intact he could keep it.I think that made him happy....plus the medicine he took an hour before surgery didn't hurt .LOL!!!
About an hour later and he's all done with the souvenir of one wisdom tooth to take home. When I asked him earlier why he wanted to keep his teeth his response was  "I gotta keep my wisdom". Too funny. When I went back after surgery I asked if he was expecting the Tooth Fairy to visit. With a head-shake of no I could mentally hear him say."Really?"That's his "word" and yes it dopes make a momma go bonkers sometimes but I thank God everyday for allowing me to be his "bonkers mom".
After Grandma and I got him in the car we headed for the closest drugstore because we live about an hour and a half from where we were and we wanted to make sure to keep him from hurting. Poor guy hadn't eaten since midnight and it was now noon so while Grandma was in getting his medicine I get this text. "Can I get some mashed potatoes and mac-n-cheese from KFC?"So yes we stopped and he got maybe 2 bites in before taking medicine and going to sleep.
We made it home, iced his face, removed his hearing aides and back to sleep. Needless to say my house is so quite I may try to sneak a nap in too.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment