Tuesday, May 23, 2017

My Baby Graduated

Well my youngest son is now a high school graduate. It was made official at church on Sunday when our preacher presented him with his diploma. I received the diploma in the mail a couple of weeks ago but hadn't let Jacob look at it or touch it.Yes some of you may say that's mean but I enjoyed seeing him squirm a little. Saturday night he asked to have it because Sunday was Graduate Sunday at church and he would look real stupid with no diploma displayed on the table. I told him no I was waiting for his test scores before he could have it.Little did he know I already cooked up plans for the preacher to present it to him when the church gave him Bible. We had family from out of state, out of town,both his older brothers, his father and step-mother and friends from the soup kitchen Jacob volunteers at come to celebrate with us.
I know graduating high school is a big achievement for all Seniors but I feel it's even bigger for Jacob. He's had so many health issues and challenges in life but never has given up. His Hydrocephalus (water on the brain ) has caused him to have four brain surgeries and developmental delays. Hearing impairment (deaf without his aides) is why I chose to remove him from public school where he was being left behind and bullied and homeschool him. I'm not sharing all this for sympathy but maybe it will give someone else courage to keep plugging along. Without God none of this would be possible.

Jacob's favorite verse:
For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord,
plans to prosper you and not to harm you
plans to give you hope and a future
                                                     Jeremiah 29:11




No comments:

Post a Comment